Thursday, January 2, 2014

Design Dilemma #1: Renters and First time homeowners

Welcome to Trouver Design Blog.
Kathy's Design Dilemma:My husband and I have just purchased our first home. I'd really love to put my own style stamp on it, especially the dining room, but this isn't our "dream home", so I don't want to invest a lot of money. What do you suggest?
Well, Kathy, I can tell you that many people feel the same way. My advice would be to invest in certain "anchor pieces". For a dining room, it would obviously be a dining table.Find one that speaks to you, your "dream table", if you will. You can then make some less expensive choices with paint, textiles, etc., and even dining chairs, for the current space. A quality piece will work for the space you live in now, and will transition beautifully to your dream home later. I'd like to show you an A-mazing Dining Table: It's the Sparta Dining Table,Design Lush's newest dining table for 2014.What a MASTERPIECE. SPARTA DINING TABLE Materials: walnut + piano lacquer Dimensions: base - 31" Diameter x 30"H options: *Top: lacquer / glass *Base: walnut / stain *This piece is custom made to order - please inquire as to specialty configurations, styles and materials options please inquire at: info@designlush.com 212 532-5450 New York Design Center, 200 Lexington Avenue, Suite 415 New York, New York 10016 You can find this, and many other gorgeous pieces online at http://www.designlush.com

2 comments:

  1. Great start! Good luck with your new blog. I like the table, it would be a great piece to work around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :D Nice table! Good advice.

    ReplyDelete